The OIAAA Toolbox is designed to bring easy to find information to the site based athletic administrator. The ever changing landscape of educational athletics requires current, timely information and access to reliable resources 24/7.
The “Ohio A.D. Toolbox” serves as a repository of ideas, “best practice” and shared data from a wide range of sources. As the role and duties of the interscholastic athletic administrator continue to evolve from school to school, the sharing of mutually utilized information serves as a reflection upon the primary function of today’s athletic director……to SERVE others!
The OIAAA will perform as the storehouse of Toolbox information and documents and provide a filter to insure the quality and integrity of the files shared. In some cases, we will be providing direct links to outside resources where data is located. Ultimately, our objective will be to provide our member schools with up-to-date knowledge to assist in the successful operation of education-based athletic programs across our state.
We welcome OIAAA members to share similar ideas and data that could benefit our schools. Should you wish to submit a worthy item, please follow these parameters in your submission(s):
- No copyrighted materials may be submitted.
- Documents should be formatted in either PDF or Word.
- Prior to submission, please edit any document which may contain sensitive or confidential data (e.g., individual names, incidents or other proprietary information)
- Submissions should be sent electronically to
- The OIAAA reserves the right to determine or limit any posting of information through the “Ohio A.D. Toolbox”.
OIAAA Toolbox Menu
- About the OIAAA
- How to Contact (departments and Who’s Who)
- Ohio University Coach Education and Athletic Administration Programs
- Orientation (First Things First)
- Philosophy of Education-based Athletics
- Codes of Conduct and Handbooks
- Public Service Announcements
- Legal Duties of the Athletic Administrator
- Job Expectations
- Student Athlete Drug Testing
- OHSAA & The A.D.
- Professional Resources for the Athletic Director
- Leadership Responsibilities
- Operational Responsibilities/Emergency Plans
- Financial Responsibilities
- Media and Event Staging
- Selection of Staff
- Coach and Athletic Director Education
- Booster Clubs
- Parent Meetings and Presentations
- Social Media in Athletics
- WIN: What’s Important Now
- AD/OHSAA Communications: 2015-2016
- OhioHealth Sports Medicine: Health Tips and Resources
- University of Cincinnati Online Classes
Codes of Conduct and Handbooks
Athletic Handbook – Canfield High School
Athletic Handbook – Hilliard City Schools
Athletic Handbook – Colchester Schools
Athletic Handbook – Santa Monica Schools, CA
Athletic Code of Conduct – Francis W. Parker School
Student Activities Guide – Bay High School
Parent Student Handbook – Grove High School
Parent Student Handbook – Lake High School
Team Policy Handbook – Canfield Soccer
Coaches Handbook – Perrysburg HighSchool
Coaches Handbook – Canfield High School
Coaches Handbook – Lake High School
Public Service Announcements
Public Service Announcements – Close to the Game
Public Service Announcements – Leadership You Can Believe In
Public Service Announcements – Valuable Lessons
Public Service Announcements on Playing Multiple Sports #2 “No Debate”
Public Service Announcements on Playing Multiple Sports #3 “Leaders We can Depend On”- 30 seconds
Public Service Announcements on Playing Multiple Sports #4″Leaders We can Depend On” – 60 seconds
OHSAA & The A.D.
WIN (What’s Important NOW) – Newsletter’s from the OHSAA designed to help with various OHSAA issues/regulations
Professional Resources for the Athletic Director
The OIAAA, in partnership with many quality businesses and related providers, will be posting a categorized list resources that schools could consider for solutions. This listing is currently under development; look for a full list by mid-summer.”
Coaching Evaluations – Lake High School
Coaching Evaluations – Grove City High School
Coaching Evaluation – Lexington High School
Assistant Coach Evaluation – Lexington High School