THE OHIO SUMMER LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
June 12, 13 and 14, 2018
Purpose: To provide Ohio athletic administrators and related stakeholders an opportunity for professional growth and development in augmenting best-practices within the education-based interscholastic environment. The target audiences for these presentations include:
- Recently hired (within past 12-18 months) athletic administrators
- Experienced athletic administrators seeking advanced legal and technical training
- Middle School athletic administrators
- School administrators desiring greater background with education-based athletic programming
Dates: Tuesday, June 12, Wednesday, June 13 and Thursday, June 14, 2018
Location: OHSAA Offices and Annex, 4080 Roselea Place, Columbus, OH, 43214
Registration: Click HERE to download registration form
- PLEASE NOTE: We expect many of the sessions to fill quickly. We are advising registration as soon as possible with registration closing on FRIDAY, JUNE 8th, 2018.
Presentations are in 4-hour “blocks”; participants may register for as few or as many presentations as they choose. Non-LTI presentations are FREE and available on a “first come, first serve” registration basis. Please note the following:
- NEW ATHLETIC ADMINISTRATORS (within their first 18 months of hire): Sessions #1 (LTC 501) & #3 (LTC 502) are FREE with a paid OIAAA/NIAAA membership for the 2018-2019 school year. Membership information and registration will begin during April, 2018. To qualify for the free LTC 501/502 courses, membership must be paid PRIOR TO JUNE 9, 2017. WE STRONGLY URGE ALL NEW ATHLETIC ADMINISTRATORS TO ATTEND BOTH THE TUESDAY SESSIONS (#1 AND #3) ALONG WITH THE WEDNESDAY SESSIONS (#5 AND #8, Legal Courses) FOR THE MOST COMPLETE LEARNING EXPERIENCE.
- SPECIAL “SOCIAL MEDIA WORKSHOP” will be especially beneficial for school personnel directly responsible for providing communications among school stakeholders. Athletic directors, coaches, technology personnel and administrators will find this session. THIS CLASS IS FREE!
- MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETICS: A session geared specifically for those individuals with oversight of the Middle School interscholastic athletic program will be offered in Session #14 on Thursday afternoon.
- OHSAA myOHSAA UPDATE: OHSAA staff will provide important updates to the OHSAA technology program between member schools and the association via the enhanced myOHSAA system. THIS CLASS IS FREE!
- LTI TRAINING COURSES: Eleven (11) Leadership Training Institute courses will be provided (Sessions #1, #4, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14) and all are accredited by North Central Accreditation/AdvancED. Additionally, participants will receive CEU credit for completion of these courses. NEW IN 2018: For every three (3) LTI courses completed, attendees can receive one semester hour credit through Ashland University (click HERE for more information to get College Credit). These courses are valuable resources to assist the athletic administrator in protecting their students and school district in matters of Risk Management, Title IX, Harassment and Middle School Athletic programming. There is something for every athletic administrator!
- CAA Exam: For those athletic administrators who qualify to sit for the Certified Athletic Administrator national exam, the CAA Exam will be offered on Thursday afternoon at 6:00 p.m. Sitting for the CAA Exam requires PRE-REGISTRATION through the NIAAA. For additional information regarding the CAA and national certification process, go to: oiaaa.org/professional-development/ad-certification-levels/
- To minimize costs, meals will be “on your own”. However, there are several restaurants and food establishments in the immediate area of the Summer Leadership Institute.
- For those wishing to stay for multiple dates of training, a list of moderately-priced lodging options will be provided upon request.
- Additionally, the OIAAA “Endowment Fund Golf Outing” will be held on Friday, June 15 at Turnberry Golf Course in Columbus. Summer Institute participants are invited to stay and play in this event which helps add additional funds to our OIAAA scholarship and professional development opportunities.
- Questions: Please contact: Bruce Brown (OIAAA): firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 330-352-9848