THE OHIO SUMMER LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
June 20, 21 & 22
Purpose: To provide Ohio athletic administrators and related stakeholders an opportunity for professional growth and development in augmenting best-practices within the education-based interscholastic environment. The target audiences for these presentations include:
- Recently hired (within past 12-18 months) athletic administrators
- Experienced athletic administrators seeking advanced legal and technical training
- Middle School athletic administrators
- School administrators desiring greater background with education-based athletic programming
Dates: Tuesday, June 20, Wednesday, June 21 and Thursday, June 22, 2017
Location: OHSAA Offices and Annex, 4080 Roselea Place, Columbus, OH, 43214
Presentations are in 4-hour “blocks”; participants may register for as few or as many presentations as they choose. All presentations (EXCEPT for LTI courses) are FREE and available on a “first come, first serve” registration basis. Please note the following:
- NEW ATHLETIC ADMINISTRATORS (within their first 18 months of hire): Sessions #1 & #4 are FREE with a paid OIAAA/NIAAA membership for the 2017-2018 school year. For membership information, go to oiaaa.org/about/membership-info and complete membership registration PRIOR TO JUNE 9, 2017. WE STRONGLY URGE ALL NEW ATHLETIC ADMINISTRATORS TO ATTEND BOTH THE TUESDAY SESSIONS (# AND #4) ALONG WITH THE WEDNESDAY SESSIONS (#7 AND #9, Legal Courses) FOR THE MOST COMPLETE LEARNING EXPERIENCE.
- SPECIAL “OUTDOOR FACILITIES FIELD DAY” will be especially beneficial for school personnel directly responsible for the upkeep, enhancements or oversight for facility upgrades. Athletic directors, District business operations/treasurers and field maintenance staff personnel will find this session (held at nearby Whetstone HS) very helpful.
- OHSAA UPDATE & CRITICAL TOPICS: OHSAA administrative staff will provide most-current overviews and updates related to OHSAA bylaws and points of emphasis for the 2017-2018 school year. (Sessions #2 and #5)
- LTI TRAINING COURSESES: Eleven (11) Leadership Training Institute courses will be provided (Sessions #1, #4, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14) and all are accredited by North Central Accreditation (NCA). Additionally, participants will receive CEU credit for completion of these courses. These courses are valuable resources to assist the athletic administrator in protecting their students and school district in matters of Risk Management, Title IX, Harassment and Middle School Athletic programming. There is something for every athletic administrator!
- CAA Exam: For those athletic administrators who qualify to sit for the Certified Athletic Administrator national exam, the CAA Exam will be offered on Thursday afternoon at 6:00 p.m. For additional information regarding the CAA and national certification process, go to: oiaaa.org/professional-development/ad-certification-levels/
- To minimize costs, meals will be “on your own”. However, there are several restaurants and food establishments in the immediate area of the Summer Leadership Institute.
- For those wishing to stay for multiple dates of training, a list of moderately-priced lodging options will be provided upon request.
- To pre-register for any presentation and or LTI course, click on “SUMMER LEADERSHIP CONFERNCE” link. PLEASE NOTE: We expect many of the sessions to fill quickly. We are advising registration as soon as possible with registration closing on FRIDAY, JUNE 9th, 2017.
- Additionally, the OIAAA “Endowment Fund Golf Outing” will be held on Friday, June 23 at Turnberry Golf Course in Columbus. Summer Institute participants are invited to stay and play in this event which helps add additional funds to our OIAAA scholarship and professional development opportunities.
- Questions?? Please contact:
- Bruce Brown (OIAAA): firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 330-352-9848